News and Recommendations
This is an overview of our latest news.
- 16/5/2017 The new state-of-the-art VUmc Imaging Center in Amsterdam. The construction work on our new fully integrated, state-of-the-art imaging site is making good progress. The new building will play a crucial role in the successful and efficient development of novel diagnostic and drug therapies.
- 4/5/2017 PET with 89Zr-bevacizumab found promising to guide therapy in children with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. A team of investigators from the VU University Medical Center (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) verified that the monoclonal antibody (mAb) bevacizumab, labeled with 89Zr, is able to reach tumors in children with DIPG, by quantifying its uptake by the tumors via PET.
- 2/2/2017 New technique uses 89Zr-radiolabelling of mixed leukocytes for PET imaging of inflammation
. Newly published research has assessed the radiolabeling of WBCs with 89Zr or 64Cu and their advantages for PET imaging. Radiolabeling of WBCs was more efficient with [89Zr]-loaded than with [64Cu]-loaded CN. After 2 h, [89Zr]-WBCs had an initial radioactivity loss of 28.4%, which was followed by a plateau as 89Zr remains stable in the cells. Differently, [64Cu]-WBCs had a radioactivity loss of 85% already after 1 h, which increased to 96% after 3 h.
- 18/1/2017 Alternative chelator for 89Zr-immuno-PET studies shows superior in vitro stability and in vivo performance. 89Zr-DFO*-trastuzumab shows to be far superior to 89Zr-DFO-trastuzumab. Recent research has introduced a bifunctional isothiocyanate variant of the octadentate chelator DFO* as an alternative for DFO in 89Zr-immuno-PET. The effects of both molecules, when conjugated with the monoclonal antibody trastuzumab, were compared in vitro (stability tests) and in vivo (biodistribution in N87 tumor-bearing mice and PET imaging).
- 2/1/2017 In vitro and in vivo comparison of siderophores labeled with 68Ga and 89Zr
. 89Zr shows excellent in vitro and vivo behaviour, making it a good alternative for longitudinal PET studies of fungal infections. In an interesting publication, the in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo behavior of selected siderophores labeled with 68Ga and 89Zr have been compared, considering that the latter might constitute a radioisotope-labeling alternative for imaging of infection.
- 12/9/2016 High level of agreement between 124I-PET and 131I-imaging found. Research from the university of Duisburg shows high level of agreement between 124I-PET and 131I-imaging. The authors conclude that pre-therapeutic 124I-PET/CT is a suitable procedure to detect iodine-positive metastases in patients with differentiated Thyroid Carcinoma. Moreover, it can be employed as a reliable tool for both staging of thyroid cancer patients as well as individualized treatment planning.
- 23/12/2015 Enabling minimal invasive parathyroidectomy for patients with primary hyperparathyroidism using (18)F-fluorocholine PET-CT. Whereas conventional imaging consisting of neck ultrasound and 99Tcm-sestamibi SPECT-CT could not localize the pathological gland, subsequent FCH PET-CT clearly identified an adenoma dorsally of the left thyroid lobe in one patient
- 6/7/2015 Florbetaben is able to detect a form of beta-amyloid plaque that develops early in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Significant Florbetaben uptake in the frontal and posterior cingulate cortices was found in new PET scans. The new technology might enable the detection of Alzheimer’s disease in its early stages.
- 29/6/2015 Our GMP-certificate has been successfully renewed. Our new GMP-certificate reflects the status of our manufacturing site. Our customers can continue to rely fully on our high-quality, clinical grade production of radiopharmaceuticals and radiochemicals for medical diagnostics and research.
- 21/4/2015 89Zr-immuno-PET for imaging of long circulating drugs and disease targets. A useful overview of the reagents, labeling protocols, quality tests and critical steps necessary to obtain high-quality 89Zr-conjugates.
- 11/2/2015 We are hiring!. We have currently two exciting new job offers: a cyclotron operator mechanic and a cyclotron operator electronic engineer.
- 17/12/2014 89Zr-bevacizumab PET scans successfully visualizes tumor lesions in 22 patients. 89Zr-bevacizumab PET scans enabled the visualization of 125 evaluable tumor lesions. This shows that tumor uptake of 89Zr-bevacizumab is high in mRCC, with great inter- and intra-patient heterogeneity.